Sunday, January 29, 2012

Listening to classics

I have been spending quite a bit of time in the studio lately: new orders, new ideas, an urge to create...
I don't know if you are like me, but when I work with my hands, my mind wanders, and I often start thinking about things that I shouldn't be thinking about: things that happened at work that annoy me, what somebody said that was not very nice, the fact that I will eventually HAVE to go food shopping... You get the picture...
I get tired of listening to the radio (I love music but the ads and the chatter really get to me), so I was trying to  think of a different solution to "entertain" myself while working. Then I got it : audio books!
Following my instinct, I did a internet search on audio-books. Many companies offer subscriptions, but well, I really did not want to pay for anything just yet- I wasn't sure I would love it-, so I searched for free audio-books.
I came upon this really cool website : librivox.org. This organization has volunteers record public domain readings (so, sorry, no New York Times best sellers...), and they are free for anyone to download.
I was thrilled to listen to Treasure Island, The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, and Tom Sawyer while sewing during the last couple of days.
I love to read and this is the next best thing!

In the meantime, these came out of the studio - infused with literary thoughts, no doubts:):


iPad Messenger in Organic Brown Cotton with Organic Yellow Cotton Lining

iPad Messenger in Bedford Cord with Organic Cotton Lining

Waxed Canvas Tote with Leather Handles and Detachable Strap
The bags are available at Zakken on Etsy, and Bag du Jour on Cargoh.
Have a wonderful week.
Genevieve

No comments:

Post a Comment