Monday, January 21, 2013

Keeping my hands busy

You would think that making bags in my spare time (nights and weekends) would be enough to keep my hands busy, right? Well, not so much. I love to learn to make new crafts, even - and especially- when they are not related to sewing bags.
Several weeks ago, I saw a beautiful wrapped leather bracelet. Ooooo, I need this, I thought.... except for the price tag...
So, I went online and I found a couple of excellent tutorials:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4YLTHM8NzT0

http://www.rings-things.com/blog/2011/03/08/how-to-make-wrapped-leather-bracelets/#.UP1jwifoROw
Joann's had a 40% sale on beads when I went searching for supplies. I bought plastic beads to practice with, and glass beads in various sizes and shades for the real thing. Here is the result:

Pretty cool, n'est-ce pas?


Yesterday, I made a couple of waxed canvas and leather zippered pencil cases for the shop. I really like the waxed canvas and leather combo- I might have to keep one for myself:





Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment