Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

Well, better late than never... I have been thinking about my new year resolutions this past week. Mine are not about weight, eating habits, or more exercise. They have more to do with finding balance, and inner peace. Hopefully this will lead to more joy in and around me.
Here we go:
1. I will be more patient at home, at work, on the road- so what if people don't use their signals, don't stop at stop signs, or drift in my lane at 20mph  less than I am doing...
2. I will not worry about things that are beyond my control - I can't carry the weight of the world on my shoulders....
3. I will give fewer lectures, more hugs
4. I will develop a thicker skin - it's not about me...
5. I will laugh more, cry less - better for wrinkles
6. I will not take it personally - see # 4
7. I will get back into yoga - breaaaaathe
8. I will continue my eco friendly efforts- YAY for natural  and organic food, cleaning products, sheets, and fabrics.
9. I will focus on the positive people around me, not the negative ones (OK, I'll TRY really hard)
10. I will be a better mom, wife, friend (last but certainly not least)

Ooooo, it looks like I'll be busy... It does feel good to have it written down.
Now, what are YOUR resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment