Thursday, March 7, 2013

Why I love "Chopped"!

I do not watch a lot of TV. Actually, I rarely watch TV aside from the news channels. However, there is this one show that I love to watch when I have the time: "Chopped".
I turn it on when I am cooking dinner sometimes, and I get caught up in the frenzy of chopping, dicing, and putting strange ingredients together for a delicious dish. Yes, I even talk to myself: "Come on, one more minute, plate your dishes!".
About two weeks ago, I watched a very special show. The competing chefs were school cafeteria cooks, two of them from Colorado. It was amazing to see those ladies cook and help each other during the competition- not your typical "Chopped" episode.
Just like during any other episode, one chef was chopped after each dish- to the profound dismay of the others. One of the judges was Sam Kass, one of the White House chefs.
At the end of the show, of course, only one chef was still standing, and she was awarded the $10,000 prize.
To everyone's surprise, Ted Allen called the other contestants back in the studio. They were each awarded $5,000 and an invitation to spend the day at the White House with Sam Kass, visiting the kitchen, the kitchen garden as well as having lunch there. Everybody was very emotional, the judges, the contestants, and I am sure 95% of the viewing audience- yes, I had to grab a couple of tissues as well :)
What a classy ending! I love "Chopped"!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment