Sunday, November 27, 2011

New in the shop: Leather!

I have been toying with the idea of making leather bags for quite some time now. Nothing complicated, totes and clutches that are simple, but stylish and elegant. I came upon a couple of pieces of leather that I couldn't pass up: one half-hide in the  softest, most luxurious black leather I have ever seen, eco-friendly too (came from South American cattle that were NOT raised anywhere near the rain forest, and the hides were processed using only natural extracts and oils, no metals in there- yay!). The other piece of leather is  a gorgeous brown, oil tanned leather that feels like silk.
So after a couple of hours in the studio, I came up with a couple of clutches. I think I am in love. Tell me what you think:


Maybe it was the turkey, maybe it was the whole week at home, but the creative juices were flowing; I also made another waxed canvas tote, in graphite gray with black leather this time- I really like it :)

All three pieces are available on zakken.etsy.com as well as cargoh.com/store/bag-du-jour
Have a wonderful week!
Take care,
Genevieve

No comments:

Post a Comment