Friday, November 25, 2011

New in the shop: the Waxed Canvas Tote and Thanksgiving Sale on Bag du Jour

I love the day after Thanksgiving, don't you? After a few days of frantic cooking, cleaning, and entertaining, I can finally relax a bit; there is plenty of food in the refrigerator, so I won't have to cook until possibly Sunday!
I woke up early on Wednesday morning with an idea for a new waxed canvas bag: a tote big enough to carry my laptop, textbook, files and other teaching devices around school. So, I spent pretty much all day running between the kitchen and the studio, cooking a little, sewing a little, and by dinner time, I had completed my new beautiful waxed canvas and leather tote. Here are some pictures:




I love the waxed canvas-leather combination, and the detachable leather strap! Check out the bag on Zakken. I am thinking it would look great in gray canvas with black leather too!

On another topic, I am having a 10% sale on all in stock items at Bag du Jour (bagdujour.etsy.com)
Happy shopping!
Genevieve

1 comment: