Sunday, November 20, 2011

Reflection on Craft Fairs

As you know from my previous posting, I recently participated in two craft fairs: one in Denver last weekend, and one in Colorado Springs last Friday. I met a lot of nice people there, notably Stephen and Brian, soap makers extraordinaire ( www.perfectscents.me), Moni (a chalkware artist: www.monisfolkart.com), Jen, and Kristen (poolou.artfire.com). I also received a lot of compliments on my bags- always good for the soul.
On the other hand, both fairs were a financial disaster. I barely sold enough bags to cover the entry fees - that is not counting time spent there, cost of material, mileage, supplies, oh my...
I am a bit disappointed, but this was overall a good experience, if only to make me realize that craft fairs are not really my thing.
Studio news: I am working on a gigantic duffle/travel bag in natural canvas and olive linen with leather handles. It should be read to post this week.
I have a bunch of pictures to take today - mostly wine totes and a couple of Japanese inspired totes. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and I will be able to take the pictures outdoors.
I will post again very soon.
Take care,
Genevieve

No comments:

Post a Comment